This is a HUGE month for so many people that I dearly love. I am just going to call this the top ten hits of May. I will invariably omit someone (basically because I am old and my memory is failing) so go ahead and let me have it if you are offended. And, they are in no particular order so don't get all upset if you aren't first !!!!!!
1. Mother's Day - I am so so so so so so blessed to have a wonderful mother and mother-in-law. They support me in so many ways and I have watched them weather many storms with grace. They have been an inspiration to me as I have raised my own children and trained my own husband. (Did I say "trained", I meant to say "submitted to".) Even though I will not be with them, I hope that I express to them that they make me want to express "Happy Mother's Day" everyday.
2. My own Mother's Day - wow! the memories ever linger on a day like today. I have so many awesome Mother's Day memories because I have the most loving boys anybody could ever ask for. I still have the cute cards they made and the gifts that tiny hands created. Even though I will not see them, I have the joy of knowing that I am loved and will be with them for an eternity. I have the comfort of knowing that, if they could, they would be with me everyday. And I have the peace of knowing that they will love their wives and families with commitment . Those are incredible blessings.
3. Jonathan and Ashley's Anniversary - whoa~ whodda thought they would make it !!???!!?? hahaha (everybody said the same thing about us!!!) No, really, through their marriage I have been reminded of how very, very, very hard it is to stay focused and committed on everlasting love and relationships. It takes a tremendous amount of blood, sweat, and tears - all of which the two of them have experienced. Hang in there, guys, the BEST is yet to come - I promise - and it comes QUICKLY. Every ounce of energy you spend together is definitely worth the prize in the end. We are VERY PROUD of you both - you are an example to us all.
4. Graduation Day for so many people takes place this month. I am loving seeing all my former LCA students excited about their future endeavors and I commend them for such hard work. Also, so many people that we know in Cleveland are celebrating that milestone and we are proud of you also. Best wishes for the next steps.
6. Ben Erdman finished his second year of college. Let me repeat that because I cannot believe it. Ben Erdman finished his second year of college. WOW! Can I possibly be that old???? I am so proud to be called his mom. He never ceases to amaze me with his tender heart. And, I happen to like Ms. Kaylee Beck a lot also. I am also looking forward to spending some good times with them in the near future.
7. Gavin turns a year old this week!!! Shaun and Amy are doing a great job raising him and I wish I could have been at his party. Patty is a wonderful sister-in-law and a wonderful grandmother. I am so proud of her for everything she has had to overcome. I love you, Patty. When I married Rich, I was blessed to also gain Jenny and her family and Sherre and her family. God is very, very good.
8. Lots of birthdays and celebrations this month !!!! Wedding anniversaries for some special nieces and nephews and a big birthday for my brother-in-law, Neil! He's great and very wise in his old age ...... I love him. My sisters make my life merry all year long. Sisters were one fabulous invention from the LORD. When they gave me nieces and nephews, that was icing on the cake ! My nephew David is growing so fast and he is so sweet. April blessed us with many, many children and they are growing so fast. CJ just blesses us by his kind words and tenderheart and Joel is a great father, husband, and minister all rolled into one.
9. Skip Erdman went to yet another Life class this month. Honestly, I don't know if I would have the stamina he has to work through everything he has worked for. I hear he is a great insurance agent and I hear that people really like to be around him. That, of course, does not surprise me, because I have always thought he was great. (Even when he was in trouble at school !) He was the greatest at getting in trouble! No, really, he is so tenderhearted and so concerned about how he treats people. He makes me proud in so many ways. I enjoy the time we spend with him and Stephanie and am looking so forward to the next time. I am proud of Stephanie for her school work and how she pours herself into the lives of her students. I just pray God's will and blessings on both of you.
10. This month marks the 30th year that I met my husband, Rich. He is the light of my life, the sunshine of my days, and the rock I cling to. I can say that because he represents Christ to me in a way that I am sure that others just wish they could. He definitely is not perfect (that is another post) but if he is wrong, he will admit it. If he damages, he is the first to apologize. This has been an incredible journey for 30 years and I would not trade my life with anyone. I love you, Richie Rich, and I am looking forward to the next 30 years with excitement and anticipation.