Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Sistah

A girl can never have too many sistahs! I am blessed with three of the best big sistahs in the world ! My sister, Jane, is going through a rough time right now. She is possibly at the lowest point she has ever been at. I wish so badly I was near her and that, if nothing else, I could just drink coffee with her every morning. But I am so far away and somedays I feel a world away, but tonight I realized that the LORD is near to all who call upon Him. And that makes the distance between Atlanta and Chapel Hill seem closer.
I am also committing to pray daily for her and ask that you would join me. Today, I want to pray a song over her. It is one of our favorite worship songs at church...... God is bigger than the air I breathe, the world we'll leave, He will save the day and all will say, "My Glorious!"

So here we go .....

Heavenly Father, When we see our picture, we get discouraged and our vision is limited. But Your picture is huge. You know this very moment in Jane's life, you knew it would happen before it happened, and You see her future. You have never let go of her. Tonight, Lord Jesus, touch her mind and give her clarity. Touch her heart and calm her spirit. Touch her body and give her rest. Place your warring angels about her house to guard her family tonight. Help us to realize that You are bigger than the air we breathe, You are bigger than the economy, You are bigger than illness both physical and mental. But, most of all, God, help us to remember that NOTHING separates us from Your love - neither height, nor depth, and wherever we go, You are there. For that, we praise Your Holy name. And we pray this in the name of our Savior, Jesus.

Amen, so be it, amen

No comments: