Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What do you do for fun during the day?

I have rebelled big time this school year. It must have been something about starting school soooooo early that my mind just couldn't wrap around it. It didn't help having the crazy things happening around here. So I decided to write about some of the crazy things that go on in my day.

Yesterday, I was teaching about the prehistoric cultures of Georgia using a power point presentation. All of a sudden, a yardstick comes sailing through my room, over the LCD projector and hit my white board. I turned to find the other social studies teacher declaring that he was practicing his spear throwing since I was teaching the atlatl weapon. And he just could not resist when he walked by my classroom. He's weird.

Why don't cannibals eat clowns? Cause they taste funny. That was yesterday's joke of the day.

Every day I try to come up with a creative way to dismiss the class for lunch. Usually I just alternate between letting the girls go first and then the boys the next day. Well, it is just the second week of school and already I have forgotten who goes first cause I can't keep up. And they argue over it. Yesterday I dismissed them by birthday month. Everything was going great until I discovered that one of my most rebellious boys was born on my birthday. But evidently it was life-changing for him as well because he was great today and we have a totally new relationship. Today while I was trying to think up a new dismissal strategy for lunch, one of my students suggested that I let the mixed hair people go to lunch. So, naturally, I said, "Ok, all you mixed-hair people go to lunch." And then I said, "Joseph Garcia, you are not a mix hair!" He said, "Yes I am, Ms. Erdman. I am Cuban and Puerto Rican!" So I had no choice but to let him go.

So, what do you do for fun during the day?

No comments: